• Find your schedule for refuse, recycling and bulk waste pick-up in your area - download the Monthly Refuse Collection Schedule. Or find your refuse, recycling, bulk waste schedule on the interactive map. For questions about refuse, recycling, bulk waste, call the Department of Community Services: 973-509-5711.
• Recycling information -- see the A to Z Disposal guide for information on how to dispose of specific items.
• Find Your Polling Place, Ward, Voting District Information: The New Jersey Division of Elections website lets you find your Ward, polling place, and voting district information by filling out an online form with your: Street Number, Street Name, City and County or Street Address, Street Name and Zip Code. If an exact match is found in the state's records, you will be provided with your Polling Place, Voting Area District and the County Election Official information. Go to Polling Place Search. If no match is found, please contact the Municipal Clerk's Office for polling place location: 973-509-4900. You may also use the township's interactive map to find your Ward and polling location.
• Finding a Township Ordinance – All Montclair Township Oridnances are posted with General Code E-Code - a searchable database of the Montclair Township Code.
• When are Township Council Meetings Held? See the schedule of Council meetings.
• Requests for Certified Copies of Birth, Death, Marriage and Domestic Partnership Certificate. See Registrar's page (Vital Statistics)
• Dog and Cat license forms.
• Animal Control - For animal control issues please call the following numbers during hours indicated:
Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. call the Montclair Animal Shelter: 973-744-8600
For emergencies, weekends, holidays and after office hours call the Police Department: 973-744-1234
• Home Alarm Systems Registration and Issues with Billing. The Township contracted Alarm Tracking and Billing Services (ATB) for alarm registration and billing administration. Registering your alarm allows public safety officials to be aware of and assure proper operation of all alarm systems. It also provides a way to reach you and/or your designated emergency contact(s) should your alarm be activated. Residents should contact ATB Services about any alarm installations or billing issues - their number is (800) 861-5944.
• Township Community Health Programs, including programs for seniors, are regularly posted in the Health & Human Services section.
• NJ Transit and DeCamp Bus Information. See Transportation Services
• Montclair Shuttle provides transportation from the Bay Street Station. Evenings only. Schedule and fare information.
• Senior Citizens Shuttle - schedule
• Montclair Municipal Access Television (TV34) provides live coverage of Township Council and Board of Education meetings on Comcast (channel 34) and Verizon FiOS (channel 34) and on the its TV34 streaming site.
• Township Pool Badges - Pool badges are available from the Department of Recreation & Cultural Affairs Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. during the summer swim season only You must bring proof of Montclair residence to obtain a pool badge. More information is available in the Recreation & Cultural Affairs section of this site. Or you can contact the Department of Recreation and Cultural Affairs at 973-509-4915.
• Volunteer for a Township Advisory Committee. Volunteer to work on one of several advisory committees to Township Council.
If you are interested in serving on a township advisory committee, fill out the online voluteer interest finder form.
• Volunteer to help out at the Montclair Township Animal Shelter: call 973-744-8600 or visit the Shelter at 77 North Willow Street, Montclair. Shelter hours are
12:00-4:00 p.m. Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
12:00-6:00 p.m. Tuesday & Wednesday
• Purchase a Parking Permit: Please call the Montclair Parking Utility to purchase a permit or have your name put on a waiting list for one of the township lots or decks: 973-509-4997.