COUNCIL MEETING – SEPTEMBER 18, 2012
SECOND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
7:15 P.M. DISCUSSION
8:00 P.M. COUNCIL CHAMBERS
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Announcement This meeting is being broadcast live on Channel 34 and is streaming live at http://Montclair.peg.tv; it is available on demand and can and will be re-broadcast.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
There have been presented to us the minutes of August 21, 2012. Are there any corrections or additions? MOTION TO ADOPT.
The meeting is now open to the public. If there is anyone present who wishes to address the Council on any matter of Township interest or importance we will be glad to hear from him or her at this time. The Council welcomes public comment at its meetings. However, because of the constraints of time and in fairness to all members of the public, the Council asks that you please limit your comments to three minutes, in order to allow everyone an opportunity to be heard. Anyone authorized by an organization or group to speak on their behalf will be allowed to do so for an additional three minutes. Please remember to sign your name and address on the sheet provided by the podium.
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Introduction of Ordinance refunding pension bonds. Introduced and passed first reading August 21, 2012.
Is there anyone present who wishes to be heard in relation to the proposed Ordinance?
OPEN HEARING. CLOSE HEARING. VOTE (O_12_052)
- Police off duty jobs ord (O_12_053)
- Ordinance to designate bus stop at Church Street and Valley Road (O_12_054)
- Ordinance to prohibit truck traffic on South Park Street between Bloomfield Avenue and Church Street (O_12_055)
1. Resolution authorizing the purchase and delivery of Intrado Next Generation 9-1-1 system under NewJersey State contract with Montclair Police Department (R_12_168)
2. Resolution determining the form and other details of not to exceed $2,950,000 of general obligation refunding bonds (R_12_169)
3. Resolution creating Montclair State University community committee (R_12_170)
3a. Resolution rejecting bids received for dredging of Edgemont pond and wall construction (R_12_174)
All items listed with an asterisk have been placed on the Consent Agenda by the Township Council at a previous Conference Meeting and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items.
4. Resolution authorizing renewal of inactive consumption liquor license (with Special Ruling) for Dick Grabowsky, LLC (R_12_171) *
5. Resolution for Place-to-Place transfer of distribution liquor license – Husenaj ABD Holdings, LLC t/a Montclair Wine Cellar, from 402 Bloomfield Avenue to 440 Bloomfield Avenue (R_12_172) *
6. Resolution approving the 2011 Corrective Action Plan (R_12_173) *
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS