COUNCIL MEETING – JANUARY 22, 2013
7:00 P.M. DISCUSSION
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Announcement This meeting is being broadcast live on Channel 34 and is streaming live at http://Montclair.peg.tv; it is available on demand and can and will be re-broadcast.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
There have been presented to us the minutes of December 27, 2012 and January 8, 2013. Are there any corrections or additions? MOTION TO ADOPT.
Congratulating Cobras Varsity and Jayvee teams
Congratulating Troop 12 Eagle Scouts: Alexander Hadley, Stephen Shaheen, and Jake Thomas
The meeting is now open to the public. If there is anyone present who wishes to address the Council on any matter of Township interest or importance we will be glad to hear from him or her at this time. The Council welcomes public comment at its meetings. However, because of the constraints of time and in fairness to all members of the public, the Council asks that you please limit your comments to three minutes, in order to allow everyone an opportunity to be heard. Anyone authorized by an organization or group to speak on their behalf will be allowed to do so for an additional three minutes. Please remember to sign your name and address on the sheet provided by the podium.
COUNCIL COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Ordinance amending Parking Ordinance -- multiway stop intersection at Chestnut Street and Forest Street (O_13_001)
- Ordinance to amend Chapter 240 of the Township Code (parking fees) (O_13_002)
- Ordinance authorizing and approving financial agreement between Montclair Kensington Urban Renewal, LLC and the Township of Montclair for the Church Street Lot portion of the Hahne’s Redevelopment Area (O_13_003)
- Resolution appointing member to Economic Development Subcommittee (R_13_003) *
- Resolution authorizing execution of NJDEP TWA application – Bonsal Preserve Sewer Improvements (R_13_004) *
- Resolution to enter into a contract with Barton Ross, Historic Preservation Specialist, to provide professional services to the Historic Preservation Commission (R_13_005) *
- Resolution authorizing agreement between Township and Essex County Department of Citizen Services – Division on Aging grant (R_13_006) *
- Resolution authorizing 2013 debt service (R_13_007) *
All items listed with an asterisk have been placed on the Consent Agenda by the Township Council at a previous Conference Meeting and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items.
- Resolution awarding agreement for support services with Board of Education (R_13_008)
- Resolution authorizing purchase contracts with certain approved State contract vendors pursuant to NJSA 40A:11-12a (R_13_009)
- Resolution authorizing reappointments to Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee (R_13_010)
- Resolution amending bylaws of Montclair Early Childhood Corporation to increase the number of trustees from eleven (11) to thirteen (13), subject to approval of such amendment by the Township of Montclair governing body (R_13_011)
- Resolution authorizing appointments to Montclair Early Childhood Corporation (R_13_012)
- Resolution authorizing reappointments to the Civil Rights Commission (R_13_013)
- Resolution authorizing reappointment to Board of Adjustment (R_13_014)
- Bill List
REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS
Personnel and Contract Negotiations