A-B  C-D  E-F  G-I  J-L  M-O  P-R  S-T  U-Z

Electronic Equipment • Electronics

Envelopes, paper • Mixed Paper Recycling

Envelopes with windows are also included.

Explosives/Highly Reactive Materials • Explosives

Call 911 (will alert the police and fire departments)

Eyeglasses • Special Recycling

Eyeglasses can be dropped off at LensCrafters and Pearle Vision locations.

They can also be mailed to:

New Eyes for the Needy
PO Box 332
Short Hills, NJ 07078


New Jersey Lions Eyeglass Recycling Center, Inc.
c/o The Katzenbach School for the Deaf
320 Sullivan Way
West Trenton, NJ 08628

Fans, window-sized or ceiling • Bulky Waste

Fences, metal • Scrap Metal

Fences, other (wood, plastic) • Bulky Waste

File Cabinets, metal • Scrap Metal

File Cabinets, other • Bulky Waste

Fire Extinguisher • Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Fireworks • Special Disposal

Contact the Montclair Fire Department at (973) 744-1234 for instructions.

Flag, American • Special Disposal

The United States Flag Code states: "The Flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem of display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning."

If you have such a flag, put it in the special bin outside the Brookdale ShopRite, or contact the American Legion or VFW who will accept the flag and properly dispose of it.

Floor Wax • Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Fluorescent Light Bulbs and Ballasts • Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Spent CFLs are also accepted at any Home Depot, Lowes, or Ikea locations.

Foil, aluminum • Refuse

Montclair's recycling vendor does not accept aluminum foil with recycling.

Freezers • Household Appliances (sticker required)

Frozen Meal Boxes (clean) • Mixed Paper Recycling

Fungicides • Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)

Furniture, large • Bulky Waste

Furniture, small • Donate

For donations:

Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA): www.scheduleapickup.com or call 1-800-775-VETS (8387)

Back to Top