When are Zoning Permits issued?
Zoning Permits are issued to businesses, homeowners and property owners by the Department of Planning & Community Development for the following types of work:
- Temporary Signs: Installation of "Grand Opening" signs for a period of 14-days or banner signs for a period of 30-days.
- Sidewalk Signs: Placement of an A-frame sidewalk sign in front of a business. A certificate of insurance listing the Township as an additional insured party is required to accompany the Zoning Permit Application.
- Vestibules and Storm Enclosures: Installation of a temporary vestibule or storm enclosure on Township sidewalk at the public entrance to an eating or drinking establishment.
- Fences: Installation of fencing up to 6 feet on one- and two-family residential properties only. Fencing greater than 6 feet in height requires a Building Permit, which can be obtained from the Building Office.
- Walls and Retaining Walls: Installation of walls and retaining walls 4 feet and lower in height. Walls and retaining walls over 4 feet require a Building Permit, which can be obtained from the Building Office.
- Sheds: Installation of a shed sized 100 sq. ft. and smaller. Sheds larger than 100 sq. ft. a Building Permit, which can be obtained from the Building Office.
- Driveways & Parking Areas: Expansion, modification or re-paving of driveways and parking areas on one- and two-family residential properties only.
A zoning permit is not required for any work completed as part of a Building Permit Application. The review of Building Permit Applications includes a review by the Zoning Officer.
Download Zoning Permit application.(PDF, 140KB)