Report a Light/Power Outage, Gas Leak
To report a street light outage online, please visit the PSE&G WEBSITE.
OR YOU MAY CALL PSE&G at 1-800-436-7734.
Important Note: When reporting a street light outage, be sure to note down the pole number (found on the metal tag on pole), street name, nearest cross street, and “in front of address” to help PSE&G locate and complete the repair.
Register for My Alerts with PSE&G
- Text REG to 4PSEG (47734) from the phone that you want to register for MyAlerts.
- Enter your PSE&G account number.
- Enter the first three letters of your last name. Or, if you are a business customer, enter the first three letters of your business name.
- You will receive a link to the Terms and Conditions. After reading them, text Y (for yes) if you agree.
- You are now registered for MyAlerts. Manage your alert subscriptions by texting SUB to 4PSEG (47734) or by logging into My Account.
Report a Power Outage by text
- Text OUT to 4PSEG (47734) from the registered MyAlerts phone number to report a power outage
- Text STAT to 4PSEG (47734) to get updated about the current status of your outage
View Outage Map
Using the Outage Map you'll learn:
- Where the power is out in specific towns and counties
- The number of people affected by the outage
- Range of ETRs (estimated time of repair) for different areas